Improve Comfort. Save Energy.
El Paso Electric’s New Mexico commercial customers have the opportunity to participate in the EPESaver Commercial ENERGY STAR Cool Roof Rebate Program. The installation of an ENERGY STAR Cool Roof decreases heat transfer and reduces the solar heat transmitted into the building space resulting in less cooling energy use.
The Knowledge You Need.
Available only to commercial customers in El Paso Electric’s New Mexico service area.
ENERGY STAR Cool Roofs offer enhanced durability and reduced cooling loads. Rebates will be paid per square foot of installed cool roof materials.
|Rebate/SqFt of Installed Cool Roof|
All EPE commercial and industrial customers are eligible to receive a rebate through the EPESaver Commercial Cool Roof Rebate Program.
Eligible projects must comply with the following requirements:
- New construction projects are not eligible for a rebate
- Low-slope roof of 2:12 or less
- Project area must be over a refrigerated air conditioned space
- 75% of the roof surface over air conditioned space must be replaced
- No significant obstruction of direct sunlight to roof
- ENERGY STAR Qualified project www.energystar.gov/productfinder/product/certified-roof-products
- Initial Solar Reflectance greater than or equal to 0.70
- Solar Reflectance greater than or equal to 0.50 at 3 years
- Initial Thermal Emittance greater than or equal to 0.75
- SRI greater than 29 at 3 years
- Only CRRC rated metal, membrane or painted roofs are eligible
Participation Made Easy.
1. Select a product.
2. Take Pictures
- Existing roof surface layer
- Cooling equipment type and energy efficiency rating serving top floor
- Heating system type and energy efficiency rating serving top floor
- New roofing construction
- New insulation type and thickness
3. Install your product.
4. Submit completed rebate application to the EPESaver Rebate Center with following:
- Invoice or Receipt*
- Product specification sheet
* All invoices must clearly indicate the type of roofing material installed, the brand of product purchased, and the total cost for materials and installation.
5. Your rebate will be mailed directly to you. EPE may require an on-site inspection for finalizing the rebate process. Rebate checks will be mailed within 4-6 weeks of receiving the application.
Save time and fill out your rebate application online. Click “Apply Now” to get started!
After registering and confirming your email address, please select the “Customer” option in the profile wizard.
You will need digital copies of your invoice or receipt and additional documentation on the work performed.
Rebates are issued on a first come, first served basis until funding is exhausted or the program is changed. EPE reserves the right to adjust programs at any time. All rebates are subject to approval by the Program Manager.