ENERGY STAR® Windows
Improve Comfort. Save Energy.
Windows dramatically affect your home’s energy efficiency and your utility bills. Energy efficient windows offer the potential for improving comfort in the home and lowering the costs of heating and cooling.
El Paso Electric’s New Mexico residential customers have the opportunity to participate in the EPESaver ENERGY STAR® Windows Program. Rebates are available for the installation of windows that can reduce energy consumption.
The Knowledge You Need.
- Available only to residential customers in El Paso Electric’s New Mexico service area
- New Construction projects are NOT eligible to receive a rebate
- Existing windows must be single pane with clear glass
- To be eligible for the rebate, windows must meet the ENERGY STAR® specifications shown in the table below
- U-Factor is a measure of how well a window keeps heat inside a building — lower is better
- Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC) is a measure of windows’ ability to block warming caused by sunlight — lower is better
ENERGY STAR® Windows Specifications
|U-Factor Btu/(h sq.ft.°F)||Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC)|
|≤ 0.30||≤ 0.25|
ENERGY STAR® windows rebates are calculated on per square foot of window basis, inclusive of frame and sash.
The table below displays the rebate amounts for the EPESaver ENERGY STAR® Windows Rebate program:
2019 Rebate Amounts
|Homes with Refrigerated Cooling ($/Sqft)||Homes with Evaporative Cooling ($/Sqft)|
Rebate Calculation Example:
Energy efficient windows are installed to replace single pane windows in a home with refrigerated cooling. Total window area replaced, including frame and sash, equals 300 Sqft.
Estimated Rebate = 300 x $3.00/Sqft = $900
Participation Made Easy.
1. Select a contractor of your choice.
2. Customers may also elect to pursue an EPESaver ENERGY STAR® Windows rebate without the help of a contractor.
3. Once the new windows have been installed, the EPESaver ENERGY STAR® Windows rebate form must be completed and mailed along with a copy of your receipt or invoice to the rebate processing center address.
*NOTE: You will need to submit an invoice or separate inventory that details the height and width of each installed window, as well as a spec sheet or photo demonstrating the U-factor and solar heat gain coefficient (SHGC) of each different window type.
The rebate form can be accessed using one of the options at the bottom of this page.
4. Your rebate will be mailed directly to you. Rebate checks will be mailed within 4-6 weeks of receiving the application.
Save time and fill out your rebate application online. Click “Apply Now” to get started!
After registering and confirming your email address, please select the “Customer” option in the profile wizard.
You will need digital copies of your invoice or receipt and additional documentation on the work performed.
Apply by Mail
Please mail any rebate applications to the EPE Rebate Processing Center. Make sure to include a copy of your receipt or invoice.
EPESaver Rebate Center
1515 S Capital of Texas Hwy Suite 110 Austin, TX 78746
Rebates are issued on a first come, first served basis until funding is exhausted or the program is changed. EPE reserves the right to adjust programs at any time. All rebates are subject to approval by the Program Manager.