Improve Comfort. Save Energy.
Did you know that heating and cooling account for the majority of your monthly energy bill? If your household doesn’t have a high efficiency matched refrigerated air-conditioning system, the Residential Comprehensive Refrigerated Cooling Rebate can help you reduce your energy bills by installing a high-efficiency Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) matched refrigerated air conditioning system.
The Knowledge You Need.
Available only to residential customers in El Paso Electric’s New Mexico service area.
Rebates are available to customers or contractors that install AHRI qualified matched systems that meet the minimum energy efficiency ratings specified below. Incentives vary depending on the type of system and efficiency of the unit installed. Only AHRI qualified matched systems that meet the energy efficiency ratings in the table below are eligible (http://www.ahridirectory.org).
- Refrigerated Air Conditioners and Heat Pumps MUST be purchased and installed in the current program year.
- AHRI reference numbers must match on indoor and outdoor units.
- Installed systems must have a capacity of less than 65,000 BTUHr (5.4 tons).
2019 Rebate Amounts
|System Type||AHRI Qualified Matched Systems*||Rebate Level|
|Tier 1: Central AC Split Systems (HP not eligible)||15.0-15.9 SEER
12 EER and above
|Tier 2: Central AC/HP Split Systems||16.0-17.9 SEER
12.5 EER and above
9.0 HSPF and above (HP ONLY)
|Tier 3: Central AC/HP Split Systems||18.0 SEER and above
13.0 EER and above
10.0 HSPF and above (HP ONLY)
|Tier 2: Central AC/HP Packaged Systems||16.0-17.9 SEER
12.0 EER and above
8.2 HSPF and above (HP ONLY)
|Tier 3: Central AC/HP Packaged Systems||18.0 SEER and above
12.5 EER and above
8.5 HSPF and above (HP ONLY)
|Ground Source Heat Pump||
Direct Expansion (DX):
AC=Air Conditioning HP=Heat Pump | GSHP=Ground Source Heat Pump
Participation Made Easy.
1. Select a contractor of your choice. All refrigerated cooling systems must be installed by a licensed HVAC contractor to be eligible.
2. Your contractor will help you select an AHRI qualified system and provide you with an AHRI reference number. Your contractor will provide you with an estimate for the work and may also help you fill all required rebate documentation.
3. Once a new refrigerated cooling system has been installed, the Refrigerated Cooling Rebate Form must be completed online or mailed along with a copy of your receipt or invoice to the rebate processing center address. The rebate form can be accessed using one of the options at the bottom of this page.
4. Your rebate will be mailed directly to you. Rebate checks will be mailed within 4-6 weeks of receiving the application.
Save time and fill out your rebate application online. Click “Apply Now” to get started!
After registering and confirming your email address, please select the “Customer” option in the profile wizard.
You will need digital copies of your invoice or receipt and additional documentation on the work performed.
Apply by Mail
Please mail any rebate applications to the EPE Rebate Processing Center. Make sure to include a copy of your receipt or invoice.
EPESaver Rebate Center
1515 S Capital of Texas Hwy Suite 110 Austin, TX 78746
Rebates are issued on a first come, first served basis until funding is exhausted or the program is changed. EPE reserves the right to adjust programs at any time. All rebates are subject to approval by the Program Manager.